Kino Sleep: Get Deep & Restful Sleep
Kino Sleep was formulated with cutting-edge ingredients to help you get great sleep and ease the effects of stress. To achieve this, we created Kino Sleep with two well-researched blends.
1. Sleep Induction Blend
The Sleep Induction Blend was created with the specific intention to calm your body and mind, preparing you for sleep and reducing your sleep latency (the time it takes you to enter slumberland).
This blend has the effect of making you feel tired, calm, and relaxed, so you don’t end up lying in bed unable to fall asleep. Instead, you’ll be happily ready to doze off and enjoy those Zzz’s.
2. Restoration & Recovery Blend
While the goal of The Sleep Induction Blend is to relax your body and help you fall asleep (while also contributing to improved sleep quality), the Restoration & Recovery Blend focuses on making the most out of your sleep.
Each ingredient in this blend was chosen specifically to help set your body in a state of low stress and high recovery so that the hours you spend in dreamland are utilized to their maximum potential.
Blend #1: Sleep Induction Blend
- ASHWAGANDHA (300 mg) Ashwagandha is an traditional ayurvedic herb that has been used for ages for healing and relaxation. In fact, it’s technical name is “withania somnifera”, where “somnifera” literally means “sleep-inducer” in Latin. Ashwagandha has powerful calming and sleep-inducing effects and has many other benefits for hormonal balance, stress reduction, and increased recovery,(1-6) so we included 300 mg of this powerful herb.
- LEMON BALM EXTRACT (400 mg) Lemon Balm Extract, technically called “Melissa officinalis”, is an herb with powerful relaxant properties. It has also been shown to reduce anxiety and restlessness,(7-11) which makes it a perfect addition for The Sleep Induction Blend, as it will help your body calm down and slow down for sleep. As an added benefit, it also improves mood and increases cognition,(10,12) helping you fall asleep with a smile on your face and the possibility of awesome dreams.
Blend #2: Restoration & Recovery Blend
- L-GLYCINE (2,000 mg) L-Glycine is a conditionally essential amino acid that has been recently getting a lot of attention in the science world as an anti-stress, pro-metabolic nutrient. It’s found in high concentrations in foods like bone broth and gelatin/collagen, which is why these foods are so good for reducing stress and increasing recovery. It is incredibly protective for cell functioning, decreases inflammation, lowers oxidative stress, improves immune function, prevents muscle loss, protects against endotoxin, and improves mental function.(12-20) The benefits of L-glycine are wide-reaching, and research shows that even though it’s not an essential amino acid, we don’t get enough in our diets for optimal health.(21) More specifically, it’s been shown to improve sleep quality and duration, and even reduce the negative effects of sleep loss the day after a poor night’s sleep.(22,23,24) We included 2 grams of L-glycine, the highest amount we could include, so you can reap the maximum benefit from this important amino acid.
- L-THEANINE (300 mg) L-Theanine is another amino acid, similar to L-Glycine, that has been shown to have many calming and therapeutic properties for healing. It’s a common nutrient in many teas, which can help explain why certain teas can help improve sleep so well. It helps to counteract sleep disturbances from caffeine and has been shown to generally counteract the effects of stress that commonly disrupt recuperative sleep.(25-29) Another interesting effect of L-theanine is its ability to slow your brainwaves, helping your brain more easily shift into deep sleep where the most physical recovery takes place.(25,30) We included 300 mg of L-theanine in order to deliver these benefits.
- MAGNESIUM (200 mg) Magnesium is one of the critical minerals in your body, and is specifically related to your cells’ ability to relax and move away from the stressed condition. Magnesium is also one of the most common mineral deficiencies, which can lead to higher states of inflammation, stress, and degradation. Because of this, it’s no surprise that magnesium supplementation has been shown have relaxing properties and to improve sleep quality.(31-34) High doses of magnesium can cause gastric upset, so we included the perfect amount - 200 mg - to deliver the benefits without any side effects.
Stimulant Removal Factor
- RUTAECARPINE (100 mg) Rutaecarpine is a component of the evodia rutaecarpa fruit, and it has the ability to bind to caffeine and remove it from your bloodstream.(35-38) Since caffeine has a 6-hour half-life - possibly even longer depending on your metabolism and genetics - your sleep may be getting affected more than you realize. With 100 mg of Rutaecarpine, you can be sure that you’re clearing your system of any caffeine before you hit the hay.
mix one scoop with 8-10 ounces of warm water or your preferred beverage 30-45 minutes before bed.