Incline Dumbbell Curls For Rock Hard Biceps
Share This Post:
Get My FREE
Fast Track To A Hollywood Physique Guide!
Benefits of Incline Curls
- Greater range of motion
- Strong Stretch on the Biceps
- Greater Contraction of the Biceps compared to regular curls
- Incline Dumbbell Curls Great for the inner biceps (the part that you see when you flex your arm
How to Perform the Incline Dumbbell Curl
- Set your bench to a 45 degree angle
- Lie down on the bench gripping your dumbbells
- Keep your palms facing forward and your arms turned outward away from your body
- Curl one arm up, squeeze at the top, slowly lower the weight and then repeat with your other arm
- Use a weight that allows you to perform 4-8 repetitions per arm
How to Perform the Incline Dumbbell Hammer Curl
- Same as incline dumbbell curl except your going to use a neutral (parallel) grip
- Your arms are also not going to be facing outward.
What to watch out for
- Avoid swinging the weight and using momentum.
- Avoid bringing the dumbbell all the way up to your arm. Stop a few inches before the dumbbell hits your shoulder.
- Avoid jerking the weight up
- Avoid lifting one weight as you lower the other one. You want to focus all of your attention to the working biceps and you can’t do this when your doing two things at once
How to Incorporate exercises into your workout routine?
The biceps respond very nicely to lower reps. This is because the biceps are pre-dominantly fast-twitch muscle fibers. Whereas the triceps have more slow-twitch muscle fibers so its better to use higher reps for triceps. One way you can tell that your biceps are fast twitch is if you curl a weight that seems fairly light and then only after a few reps your struggling. On the other hand when I’m performing triceps exercises I will feel like I have no more strength then I’ll bust out another three reps. Therefore I recommend performing 3-5 sets of 4-8 reps (per arm) for each biceps exercise.
I like to perform anywhere from 2-3 exercises per muscle group. So you can perform 3-5 sets of 4-8 reps of incline dumbbell curls and incline hammer curls and then finish off with a few more sets of another biceps exercise such as cable curls.
Make sure to Leave your Comments and Questions Below.
READY TO START YOUR KINOBODY JOURNEY?
Use the FREE Physique Tool now to discover how to build the body you really want...